I have done many blog posts in the past about products I use / love / hate, but I've never actually shown them to you. Today, that changes.
We are going inside the medicine cabinet (which I've never actually used for medicine...)
Top Shelf - These are my every day products for my morning / night skin care routines.
- Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil. This stuff is thebomb.com (lame, but true). I have used this for a while now and will NEVER use anything else for makeup removal. If it is ever discontinued, I'm going to go into a depression curable only by alcoholic beverage and cheesy carbs. It's an oil-based cleanser that is super easy to use. Squirt (I really hate that word, by the way) a little bit into your palm, rub on your face, rinse off. Could it get any easier? No.
- Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash. I use this at night after Shiseido. A little goes a long way. It lathers up well, which I love. When it comes to face wash, I like something that gets "sudsy." If it doesn't do that, I feel like it doesn't work as well. Is it in my head? Maybe. But what I know is this stuff is wonderful. I have combination skin on the oily side and this is great at balancing it out. It smells good and leaves my face feeling super clean. Win and win. I plan on using this with my Clarisonic when I finally get the replacement for the one that never worked (more on this later...like when I receive one I can actually use).
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. This is supposed to be the better version (as opposed to the lotion) for people with combination / oily skin. It works, but the jury is still out on how I feel about the goopiness of it. I only use this at night.
- Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads. I have used these forever for removing eye makeup. Quick, easy, and most importantly, they work. I typically use the Oil Free, although I am currently using the moisturizing ones. It was all CVS had at the time, so I did what I had to do.
- Origins A Perfect World SPF 25 White Tea Moisturizer. I use this in the morning. It feels good, it smells fantastic, and it makes my skin feel great. Plus, the SPF 25 eliminates the step of having to add an additional step for applying a sunscreen. Not pictured is the cleanser I use in the mornings - Clean + Clear Morning Burst Detoxifying Facial Cleanser. I keep it in the shower and use it every morning. It makes my skin feel super clean and ready for the day.
- Olay Definity Illuminating Eye Treatment. I think they've discontinued this and changed it to something about age correcting. Which is fine, as I wasn't overly impressed with this anyway. I don't know why I haven't tossed it; I haven't used it in at least 3 weeks. If anyone has an eye product they love for circles / bags (because let's be honest here: insane amounts of work hours, stress, lack of sleep, and life in general has me sporting circles that only rival those after a 72 hour bender).
Middle Shelf - These are my part-of-my-routine-but-not-every-day products
- C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Buffer. A sugar crystal scrub that I use a few times a week to keep my lips super soft and great. After finding the perfect red lip, which happens to be a matte, this is a must to make it look extra dramatic.
- Laura Mercier Lip Silk. Love, love, LOVE this stuff. I put it on every night before I get in the bed. It's amazing. And lasts forever - apparently they've changed the packaging since the last time I've had to buy.
- Mary Kay Indulging Soothing Eye Gel. Whether or not it does what it's supposed to do, I don't know. All I know is that on those mornings that are just woof, this feels amazing. And so I keep using it.
- Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage. This delightful little roller ball has been my BFF on more than one occasion. It works when I need it to work. And for that, I will be forever faithful. I'm so faithful, I keep spare travel sizes on hand to use (like now) in the event I don't have a chance to re-stock.
- Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask. There was some kind of deal on this the last time I stocked up on cleanser and moisturizer, so I decided to give it a try. Origins has never let me down and so far this hasn't either. The reviews were all great for it, and I'm loving it. Granted, I've only used it like three times, but they were three very lovely times.
- Tweezers - I have them everywhere - purse, work, car, makeup table, and apparently two of them in the medicine cabinet
- Band-Aid Advanced Healing Blister - I also keep these in my purse because you just never know. I am one of those people that will wear fabulous shoes even if they hurt like hell. These come in handy a LOT. I highly recommend stocking up.
What do you keep in your medicine cabinet?