I was tagged by Ruth in this cute little questionnaire floating around the blog world. I always love reading other's answers to these things and thought I'd give it a go.
However, I am modifying the rules a bit. I'm posting 11 facts about myself and answering the 11 questions, but that's where my rule-following ways end. I am nothing, if not a rebel.
1. I love, adore, am borderline obsessed with sequins and actively look for reasons to wear them. During the day. In the middle of the week.
2. I love ketchup, salsa, marinara...but I hate tomatoes.
3. I am really bad at telling people how I feel when I am upset / angry.
4. I have a completely irrational fear of birds and bridges with no land (See also: Chesapeake Bay Bridge Meltdown of 2009)
5. I will rarely say no to bacon-wrapped anything. Okay, okay...I will *never* say no to bacon-wrapped anything.
6. Unless you work on a farm or a ranch, I think you have no business wearing cowboy boots, even if it is currently all the rage. There I said it.
7. I do not watch: The Bachelor, Real Housewives of anything (except New Jersey...that Albie Manzo sure is a cutie pie), and most award shows (although I do love a good red carpet). This (one of many reasons) makes me somewhat of an outcast in the Twitter world in which I live. And I'm okay with that.
8. I will not and cannot eat at buffets. It's disgusting and throws me into fits of anxiety.
9. It upsets me far more than it should when the program guide tells me one thing and what actually happens on TV is another.
10. I am an only-child and I won't even deny the fact that I have Only Child Syndrome. I will share. I have no problem sharing at all. But if you use it, you better put it back where you found it, in the same way that you found it. When I go to look for / use it, I expect it to be in the exact same place and condition in which I last left it...even if it is months later.
11. I am a sucker for pretty packaging and will almost always choose something based on the packaging over something plain and simple, even though it may be better.
1. What is your favorite book? If I'm forced to pick only one, I'll go with To Kill A Mockingbird
2. What is your favorite Disney movie? I'm a fan of the old school Disney movies from when I was growing up (Lady and the Tramp, The Little Mermaid, etc). My all-time favorite is Beauty and the Beast
3. What is your biggest fear? See Fact 4 above. Seriously. It's bad, y'all.
4. What Sex and the City character are you most like? I'd say I'm a Charlotte with a few Carrie qualities. My personality / style is more conservative and classic like Charlotte (and can we talk for a second about how girl can rock a pony flip like no other?). But, like Carrie, my love for shoes knows no bounds...I have so many I use my pantry as shoe storage a la sweaters in the oven
5. What is your favorite season? Fall
6. What did you dream of becoming as a kid? Honestly, I don't think I ever dreamed of being anything specific. I was more focused on just getting out of that Appalachian boondock mountain town.
7. What is your favorite vacation spot and why? As a girl who loves to travel, I have a lot of places I love from different countries to various states, but it all comes back (ironically, given the above comment on getting out of there) to the mountains. As I've gotten older, the mountains where I'm from have become a sense of comfort for me. The mountains are where my soul was born. Cue sappy music.
8. What is your favorite magazine? Style mags like InStyle, Cosmo, Glamour; Garden and Gun; Southern Living; Southern Lady; Town and Country
9. What is your favorite pastime? I don't really have a lot of time for low-key hobbies, but in general, I like to read, travel, cook (love to cook!), bake, entertain
10. What is your favorite TV show? Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy (although it isn't as good as it used to be), Hart of Dixie (my shameful guilty pleasure), HIMYM, Big Bang Theory (I adore Sheldon Cooper), The History Channel, and who doesn't love a good day of trash TV like Toddlers + Tiaras every once in a while?
11. What is your biggest pet peeve? Really? Only one? I have many, but I suppose the biggest would be poor grammar / manners.
If you've read this far, consider yourself tagged. Since I didn't create new questions, feel free to answer the same ones I did.
I want to know about you! Tell me some facts about yourself.