Anyone who knows me or follows me on Twitter knows how much a love a Monday. It's a fresh start to the week, a clean slate, another chance to get it all right.
So what's better than a regular ol' Monday? JANUARY. It's a whole new year to make it what you want it to be.
I'm not a big resolutioner. I feel like having the typical New Year Resolutions just sets you up for failure and you end up feeling worse than you did before you started them. If I do the whole resolution thing, it's something completely attainable (and sometimes a little ridiculous) like clean out my DVR every week.
This year, I'm all about changes. I feel that 2012 is going to be one of the best years I've had in a long time...maybe ever. The past two years have been tough to say the least. I have lived through things I never would have thought I was capable of, and I have discovered something within myself that I never knew was there. I was beaten down, I was broken, and so many times I didn't know what I was going to do. But this year is different. This year is about me...about realizing that I DESERVE to have a good life. This year is all about changing my life, and I'm doing it one day, one week, one month at a time.
I am a huge believer that writing goals down puts you a step closer to achieving them. I already had my goals written in my planner, but I'm taking a cue from my girl over at JGIWC and putting them out there for the world to see.
- Blog - I have been such a terrible blogger the past few months. It's time for that to change.
- No Ponytails - Low side pony, messy pony...I have gotten into the worst habit of throwing my hair back almost daily. I'm making it a goal this month to not pull my hair back unless I'm at home.
- Wake Up 30 Minutes Earlier - I typically go into the office at 7:30, which means I leave no later than 7. My goal is to wake up at 5:30 so that I'm not so rushed. When I wake up at 6, I barely have time to shower and get ready (hence the daily pony), much less get ready to the degree that I want to. And I can forget about having time to get something together for lunch. It's only 30 minutes, but honestly, 30 minutes that early in the morning...it's tough. But I'm determined to do it. When I start out the morning feeling rushed, it sets the tone for the whole day, and not in a good way.
- Join A Book Club - I have been wanting to do this for so long. There are several I know of around town, and it's time to find one and settle in.
- No Fast Food - Because I am so rushed in the morning, I rarely have time to make something to take for lunch (even grabbing it out of the fridge goes to the wayside most mornings). Cue fast food. It's unhealthy, it's expensive, and it makes me feel like crap. This month that stops - not just for lunch, but period. And this includes my beloved Jimmy Johns delivery.
- BJCC 4x / Week - I've joined the Jewish Community Center here in town for their amazing fitness center and my goal is to get there at least four times week, whether it's to use the gym, take a class, or play tennis. To be there and be working out in some form a minimum of four times a week is my goal to set the tone for the remainder of the year.
- Find the Perfect Work Out Shoes - This is on tomorrow's agenda. I have been using just regular New Balance and they're killing me. It's time to get some shoes designed for working out. Plus, awesome shoes are more likely to make me want to put them on and work out, right?
As you can see, they're all pretty attainable goals. I'm going to do this each month and report back at the end of the month how it went.
What are your goals for January (or resolutions for the new year)?