I have been on the struggle bus this week. Ms. Cranky Pants has been making her presence known to everyone that sticks around long enough. So in an effort to thwart the crankies, I started thinking about the things I was thankful for. Not the deep soul-searching things like love and family and hope (all of which I am very thankful for, by the way), but the little things that make the day more bearable. Because no matter how miserable the day seems, there's always something to be thankful for.
1. Today. The Weather is Gorgeous. Bright blue skies, sunshiny sunshine, a crisp fall breeze, temperatures requiring layers. Heaven.
2. Cupcakes. Tiny little cakes that can instantly brighten even the most crankiest of days.
3. Football. There are only two more Saturdays left in the regular football season. *Cue sad face* It seems like it goes by faster every year, which is all the more reason to enjoy it to the max.
4. Sweet Tea. Ordering sweet tea and taking a drink only to discover it isn't sweet after all could quite possibly be the largest disappointment of my week. In that moment while forcing down nasty unsweet tea, I have never been more thankful for the sugar that makes tea worth drinking.
5. Carmex. Try the Cherry. It's pleasure for the lips *and* the nose.